Friday, February 20, 2009

That Poor Dog - (Last Friday's Post)

My ISU novel is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. I have not read much of this book, but so far it is quite interesting. It is about a boy who has Asperger's Syndrome which is a form of Autism. He is very smart with math and science, but cannot read facial expressions. He can tell the faces :) and :(, but not :S, :O, :P, : as the book puts it. He was told by Siobhan to write a novel. He decided to write a mystery, murder novel about a dog. It's a totally different twist to a mystery, murder novel and so I think this will be an interesting book. I can say I have never read a book about solving the mystery of a murdered dog.

I'm excited to read about Asperger's Syndrome. I have never heard about it until my teacher Ms. Hillier told me about it. I think it will be interesting to see the things he goes through. Since he doesn't like to talk to strangers and he's trying to be a detective he has to. That will probably pose some problems during the story. I'm excited!

The only thing I am afraid of is that the book is really random. I have read 47 pages and it seems only 10 pages are actually about the case. Other times he's talking about the galaxy, universe, or his mother's death. It seems so irrelevant to the plot of the murder, it makes me worried I may have trouble with my ISU assignment. Hopefully that doesn't turn out to be the case. Maybe that is some attributes to Asperger's Syndrome. I guess I'll just have to read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment