Friday, March 6, 2009

So Curious


Asperger's Syndrome is kind of confusing. I should look up all the aspects of that syndrome so I can further understand this book. Christopher is always stating how he doesn't like strangers, the colour yellow means he will have a bad day, but red will be a good day. He does that with cars, yellow cars mean bad, red cars are good. But I don't understand why he thinks that way. Obviously it is a part of the syndrome, but why?
If I were Christopher I would be able to understand his situations. Like when he punched a police officer. He doesn't like to be touched, which is a part of his syndrome, and when the police officer touched him he decided to punch him to get him off. When Christopher was taken to the police station, his father was livid! If I were his father I would be livid too. I felt bad for Christopher because they were accusing him of lying. The reason the police officer was around Christopher was because the dog was murdered. They were blaming Christopher, but Christopher didn't! He hates lying.
Christopher also does not understand things that are not thorough. Like "Keep Off The Grass". He does not understand what grass it is. I would hate living life that way, but obviously Christopher cannot help that and its the only way he'll ever know. He thinks it should say "Keep Off The Grass Around This Sign" or "Keep Off All Grass In This Park". That is more thorough so people know WHAT grass to keep off of. There are a lot of situations like this one.
Fortunately, Christopher is very smart. He excels well in math and science and wants to go to university for them. In the book it shows some of his theory's and equations and I'm flabbergasted. I could never do that stuff. I guess that's an outcome of the syndrome. He's quite the character though. A good child too, except for his 18 behavioural problems. He listed them. But I am excited to find out who killed that dog and if Christopher can figure it out. He's off to a great start!

1 comment:

  1. How old is Christopher?
    I wouldnt want to have asbergers. I think its like autism and I wouldn't want that. I have issues with narrow minded people anyway, and since few people understand asbergers anyway I would probably go mad.

    ReplyDelete